Monday, May 25, 2009

Top Five Reasons to buy a Chinese Darth Vader Mask

In Tianjin there are five kinds of days to ride bikes - when it's cold, when there is pollution, when it's clear, when it's rainy, when it's windy, when it's just right,( so very rare) and when it's hot.
Today it was hot. But I still wanted to go to the store. I went wearing sunglasses and then stopped on the way home to buy my "Darth Vader Mask" . I began to think of all the amazing purposes this great mask has.
So here are the top five reasons to buy your very own Darth Vader Mask:

1. It is cheap. About $2.00
2. It keeps the dust and wind off your face.
3. You don't need to wear sunglasses
4. You are in style
5. No one recognizes you.

Only three disadvantages:

1. You look like Darth Vader
2. Your hair gets all messed up
3. If you try to drink your water it gets a little tricky.



We live in that pink building in the background.


5 comments:

A.L. Sonnichsen said...

This is hilarious, Marilyn! I put a link to your post in my blog -- alsonnichsen.blogspot.com -- because this is such a Tianjinism ... and your photos are so glamorous! ;)

Tim said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! We need those while we are milking Hallie so we don't get whipped in the face with her tail or have flies in our face. We would definitely fit in with the Crawfordville crowd if we sported our masks around. :) Love, Allyson

Marilyn said...

So should I bring some for the whole family or just you and Tim? See, I never would have known you needed them for milking a cow unless I had decided to post a silly thing like that. ;-)
Can't wait to milk a cow again. Last time was when I was in about
4th grade when our class went to Mathis Dairy outside of Atlanta.
I digress. (my liscence plate tag would be IDIGRES)

Dawn Shultz said...

Great pictures! I hardly recognized you. :)

Eilonwy said...

That... is... amazing.
And how is looking like Darth Vader a disadvantage? I'd kill for looks like that!